In addition to the local university PhD degree, EURON offers an additional EURON PhD certificate, which will be awarded if the PhD student fulfils the required criteria in terms of scientific publications, international mobility and training. The EURON PhD certificate is recognized by the Governing Boards of the participating universities. Since one important requirement for the certificate is mobility, PhD students are encouraged to spend a period of between 3-6 months abroad to receive international experience.
EURON PhD students may obtain a EURON certificate if they meet the following requirements:
- The PhD thesis is written in English
- Completion of courses totaling at least 10 ECTS from the EURON course programme (including PhD Days).
- One EURON member should be member of the dissertation review committee or at least member of the dissertation defense.
- Scientific exchange visit(s), related to the PhD research, preferably to other EURON research groups (or other international research groups) for a total period of at least 3 months is mandatory.
- The thesis should consist of at least four papers, or of papers with a total Impact Factor of at least 10*, on which the PhD candidate is first or joint first author. (*Adjusted weight factors for the various disciplines in neuroscience can be considered).
The PhD student and his/her supervisor have to contact the coordinating office by the end of the PhD project before the PhD defense to evaluate the curriculum of the candidate. Preferably the EURON certificate will be awarded during the defense ceremony.
> Read more